Red Cabbage with Apples
Red cabbage, bacon, and apples are braised together making a flavorful side dish.
Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large skillet; cook and stir bacon, onion, and garlic until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir cabbage into bacon mixture and toss to coat with oil. Cover...
- Yield: 4
- Cooking time: 50 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, or as needed
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or to taste
- 1 head red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cooking apples (such as Cortland or Gala) peeled and chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Related recipes like Red Cabbage with Apples
Whether you're Irish or just Irish for a day, you and your family will enjoy this recipe for tasty b...
Add cabbage wedges, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes. ... Cut visible fat from corned beef and serve with cabbage, carrots, and potatoes.
Surround a pork loin roast with sauerkraut, apples, and onions, and pour a can of beer on top before...
Surround a pork loin roast with sauerkraut, apples, and onions, and pour a can of beer on top ... The three year old rated it "the BEST chicken EVER, mommy!!