Low-Sodium Red Cabbage with Apples
Looking for a tasty, lower-in-sodium alternative to sauerkraut to serve with pork entrees? Try this colorful side dish with the slightly sweet flavor of apples. Michelle Dougherty - Lewiston, Idaho
Directions In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Stir in vinegar. Yield: 4 servings....
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cooking time: 15 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Related recipes like Low-Sodium Red Cabbage with Apples
Pork ribs are rubbed with a sweet-spicy mixture, then basted with orange and lime juice as they cook...
Cover the dish, and bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes. Uncover, then ... Campanelle pasta is tossed with tender ribs, sliced cabbage, and flavorful sauce.