Earl Campbell's Hot Link Gumbo
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Earl Campbell's Hot Link Gumbo recipe from Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
Directions Serving suggestions: steamed rice, soda crackers such as Saltines and Louisiana hot sauce.Start by making the roux. In a heavy bottomed pan, preferably a cast-iron skillet, melt...
- Yield: 6 ounces per person (2 gallons of base)
- Cooking time: 1 Hour 0 Min
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 2 cups bacon fat
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 pound celery, diced
- 1 pound onions, diced
- 8 ounces green bell peppers, diced
- 8 ounces red bell peppers, diced
- 2 pounds Earl Campbell's Hot Link Sausage
- 5 quarts water
- 3/4 cup clam base
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/2 cup dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 pounds frozen okra
- 1 1/4 ounces gumbo file
Related recipes like Earl Campbell's Hot Link Gumbo
"I modified my mother's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe to make it gluten-free. Good gumbo is hard ...
"I modified my mother's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe to make it gluten free . Good gumbo is hard to find for my friend with a wheat allergy. The wheat flour ...
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Andouille and Chicken Kabobs with Creole Mustard Sauce recipe from...
Ina's Shrimp Cocktail ... Andouille and Chicken Kabobs with Creole Mustard Sauce ... 1 pound Andouille sausage link, cut into 12 thick slices. Salt and pepper .