Chef John's Cream of Asparagus Soup
This easy cream of asparagus soup recipe is a great way to celebrate the first tender spears of the season.
Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add minced onion and salt; cook and stir until onion is soft and golden, about 10 minutes. Pour chicken broth and water into pot. Bring to a boil,...
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 40 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- salt to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cream Topping:
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Related recipes like Chef John's Cream of Asparagus Soup
Tomato sauce is the secret special ingredient in this easy recipe for a spice cake packed with walnu...
Tomato sauce is the secret special ingredient in this easy recipe for a spice ... By mistake I used tomato soup instead of tomato sauce and it turned out very good.
"A flavorful recipe that can be made either with bison or without bison as a vegetarian stand-alone....
Barley, bison, and portobello mushrooms are simmered in red wine and soy sauce ... Beefy Mushroom Barley Soup Recipe This beef and barley soup is made ...