Black Bean 'n' Pumpkin Chili
My family is crazy about this slow cooker chili because it uses ingredients you don't usually find in chili. Believe it or not, I discovered that pumpkin is what makes the dish so special....
Directions In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in the...
- Yield: 10 servings
- Cooking time: 240 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cubed avocado and thinly sliced green onions, optional
Related recipes like Black Bean 'n' Pumpkin Chili
Get Aarón Sánchez's Black Eye Pea Fritters with Sauce: Acaraje con Molho Recipe from Food Network...
Rub the skins of the black eyed peas. Drain the shrimp and place in food processor with the onion, peas, garlic, and cilantro. Drizzle in dende oil, to taste.
Get Crispy Broccoli with Capellini in Broth Recipe from Food Network...
Once you have your pasta water at a boil and your broccoli cut into florets, this dish ? a perfect weekday quick comfort meal ? ... Freshly ground black pepper.