Ham, Red beans and Rice
Adding ham to the classic dish of red beans and rice was an experiment which turned out wonderful. The spices are great!—Vanita Davis, Camden, Arkansas
Directions In large saucepan, combine all ingredients except rice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 6-8 servings. Originally published...
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Cooking time: 30 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) spicy stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 5 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice
Related recipes like Ham, Red beans and Rice
The freshness of this spiralized courgette carpaccio is the ideal counterpart for a spicy dish, so t...
Lime, sesame & coconut courgette carpaccio. By Sophie ... 100g frozen shelled edamame beans; 2 tbsp sesame oil; juice of 1 lime .... Coconut & lime cake.