African Peanut Sweet Potato Stew
Back when I was in college, my mom made an addicting sweet potato stew. I shared it with friends, and now all of us serve it to our own kids. They all love it, of course. —Alexis Scatchell,...
Directions Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor; process until pureed. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in sweet potatoes, beans and water. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours...
- Yield: 8 servings
- Cooking time: 360 Min
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups chopped fresh kale
- Chopped peanuts and additional cilantro leaves, optional
Related recipes like African Peanut Sweet Potato Stew
A simple dessert--or breakfast dish--of broiled grapefruit, orange, and pineapple topped with butter...
A simple dessert or breakfast dish of broiled grapefruit, orange, and ... 9. Ginger Pear Crisp Recipe Gingersnap cookie crumbs are the base of the sweet, nut ...
This pumpkin pie has just a hint of maple and is served in a sweet graham cracker crust. A cinnamon ...
This pumpkin pie has just a hint of maple and is served in a sweet graham cracker crust. ... combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, maple flavoring, ginger, nutmeg and salt; mix well. ... Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe A fluffy cream cheese and whipped topping layer is spread .... Fluffy Pancakes.
Perfect Friday night food, a warming low fat prawn curry ready in just 20 minutes...
Perfect Friday night food, a warming prawn curry ready in just 20 minutes, from ... cakes with sweet chilli sauce or Thai burgers with salsa & sweet potato wedges. .... as I think the curry would have been quite boring without any vegetables.