Red Thai meatball curry
A colourful, zingy curry that the whole family will enjoy
Return the meatballs to the pan with the bamboo shoots and beans. Simmer for 5 mins until the beans are just tender and meatballs cooked through. To serve, season the sauce with salt, pepper...
- Yield: Serves 4
- Cooking time: 20 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 500g pack lean beef Beef bee-fThe classic cut of meat for a British Sunday roast, beef is full of flavour, as well as being a… mince (10% fat)
- 2 red chillies, 1 chopped, 1 sliced
- thumb-size piece ginger Ginger jin-jerMainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It… , grated
- 1 egg Egg eggThe ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1-1½ tbsp Thai red curry paste, depending on how spicy you like it
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 225g can bamboo shoots, drained
- 140g fine green beans, trimmed
- juice 1 lime Lime ly-mThe same shape, but smaller than… , plus extra wedges to serve
- 20g pack basil Basil ba-zilMost closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
- basmati rice or rice noodles, to serve
Related recipes like Red Thai meatball curry
Minimum shopping, maximum taste, and if Indian's not your thing make this Thai prawn curry with a si...
Drizzle some oil from the curry paste jar into a wok or large frying pan, gently heat , then add the onion. Sizzle over a low ... Season, if you like, then add the coriander just before serving with boiled rice and naan bread. Recipe from Good Food magazine, June 2007 ... Speedy green chicken curry ... Spiced vegetable biryani.
A rescue recipe for when there's nothing in the fridge, or when you fancy something cheap, delicious...
Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 mins until the curry is nice and thick. Season to .... I had leftovers as 'beans on toast' the next day and it was even better !