Root veg & pancetta toad-in-the-hole with onion gravy
With comfort food, there's little that beats Yorkshire pudding baked with pork - try bacon, carrots, beetroot and parsnip instead of sausage
To make the gravy, put the onion chutney, balsamic vinegar and flour into a saucepan, stir well, then bubble for 1-2 mins over a medium heat. Pour in the stock and whisk until smooth, then...
- Yield: Serves 4
- Cooking time: 50 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 140g plain flour, plus 2 tbsp for the gravy
- 1 tsp baking powder Baking powder bay-king pow-dahBaking powder is a raising agent that is commonly used in cake-making. It is made from an alkali…
- 4 rosemary Rosemary rose-mar-eeRosemary's intense, fragrant aroma has traditionally been paired with lamb, chicken and game… sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
- 4 large egg
- 200ml milk Milk mill-kOne of the most widely used ingredients, milk is often referred to as a complete food. While cow…
- 70g pack pancetta Pancetta pan-chet-ahPancetta is Italian cured pork belly - the equivalent of streaky bacon. It has a deep, strong,… slices
- 600g mixed root vegetable, peeled and cut into wedges or batons (we used carrots, parsnips and beetroot)
- 2 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp onion Onion un-yunOnions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia… chutney
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar Balsamic vinegar bal-sam-ick vin-ee-gahTrue Balsamic vinegar is an artisan product from Modena, in Emilia Romagna, Italy, and is made…
- 500ml beef stock
- peas Peas p-eesA type of legume, peas grow inside long, plump pods. As is the case with all types of legume,… , to serve (optional)
Related recipes like Root veg & pancetta toad-in-the-hole with onion gravy
Grilled pork chops brushed with a honey-soy sauce mix are served with grilled slices of sweet onion....
Grilled pork chops brushed with a honey soy sauce mix are served with grilled ... grilling, brush slices of onion with oil, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.