Braised Short Ribs with Roasted Garlic Horseradish Mashed
Beef short ribs are braised for hours with wine and vegetables in the oven until tender and flavorful, then served with horseradish mashed potatoes for a hearty meal perfect for cooler weather.
Braised Short Ribs: Season each short rib generously with salt. Coat a pot large enough to accommodate all the meat and vegetables with olive oil and bring to a high heat. Add the short ribs...
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 3 Hour 10 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- Braised Short Ribs:
- 6 bone-in beef short ribs
- kosher salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1/2 cups tomato paste
- 2 cups hearty red wine, or more to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, tied with kitchen string
- 2 bay leaves
- Roasted Garlic Horseradish Mashed:
- 1 (4 ounce) package Idahoan® Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes, prepared
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish sauce
Related recipes like Braised Short Ribs with Roasted Garlic Horseradish Mashed
A really tasty curry, based on a madras but altered slightly, with a nice kick!...
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BASE SAUSE; 2 tbsp vegetable oil; Half of an onion, diced ... Add the chopped chilli, garlic, ginger and peppers and continue to fry for 30 seconds ... Vietnamese style caramel pork ... Sticky pork & radish noodles.
Serve up this creamy quick dish for a last minute dinner party and impress veggie friends...
Roast calculator · Cake tin size guide · Volume & weight convertors · Oven ... Heat the tomato sauce in the microwave for 2 mins on High until hot. ... layer up the lasagne, starting with half the courgette mix, then pasta, then tomato sauce. .... It was quite good, though for the tomato sauce I fried some mushrooms, garlic and ...