Slow-Cooker Beef and Barley Stew
Make a big batch of beef and barley stew the easy way, in a slow cooker.
3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 hours or until beef is tender. Remove beef from slow cooker to plate; shred beef, using 2 forks. Return beef to slow cooker.
- Yield: 14
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Pillsbury.com
- 1 boneless beef sirloin tip roast (about 3 lb)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 containers (8 oz each) refrigerated prechopped onion, celery and bell pepper mix
- 3 medium carrots, chopped (1 1/3 cups)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Related recipes like Slow-Cooker Beef and Barley Stew
Use a slow cooker to make this chili with chicken, pinto beans, and corn, flavored with salsa, cumin...
"This is an easy slow cooker meal use your imagination and season it up as you like! Great on a c c c cold winter night! I serve this with grated cheese, sour ...
Seasoned beef meatballs stuffed with rice and onion are browned, then braised in tomato sauce. Great...
Seasoned beef meatballs stuffed with rice and onion are browned, then ... Tip; Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean up easier. ... Pasta with Kielbasa and Sauerkraut Recipe Ziti tossed with kielbasa, ...
This is a Meat Sauce from Upstate New York that is used on top of Hot Dogs. When I grew up it was u...
A wonderful, robust spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage and ground beef, ... Meatball Spaghetti Sauce Recipe Tasty seasoned meatballs simmered in a ...