Hawaiian Ham Salad
There’s plenty of flavor and crunch in this refreshing salad. I like to use both red and green apples, and sometimes I substitute celery for the water chestnuts. —Vickie Lowrey, Fallon, Nevada
Directions Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, rice, ham, water chestnuts and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. In a small...
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Rating: 2/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Related recipes like Hawaiian Ham Salad
A quick mayonnaise-based salad dressing that is perfect for emergencies. This is the easiest, yet yu...
A quick mayonnaise based salad dressing that is perfect for emergencies. This is ... Jesse's Ginger Salad Dressing Recipe Ready in less than ten minutes, this ...