Traditionally, eating beans and greens on New Year's Day is supposed to bring luck and prosperity. With Chef John's delicious recipe, you can have good luck any day of the year!
Place black-eyed peas into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain and set aside. Cook pork necks and bacon in a Dutch oven over...
- Yield: 8
- Cooking time: 2 Hour
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 pound dried black-eyed peas
- 1 pound pork neck bones
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces smoked ham, diced
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed and leaves torn into pieces
Related recipes like Black
Get Oven Roasted Chile Relleno with Chipotle Asado Sauce Recipe from Food Network...
Get Robin Miller's Lettuce Wedges with Blue Cheese-Sour Cream Dressing Recipe from Food Network...
Arrange lettuce wedges on individual plates. In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, blue cheese, milk, and black pepper (add more milk if necessary to ...
Get Ming Tsai's Twice Cooked Duck Recipe from Food Network...
Get Ming Tsai's Twice Cooked Duck Recipe from Food Network. ... In a large saute pan on medium heat coated with oil, saute garlic, ginger, black beans ... Linguine With Shrimp Scampi 03:06. Now Playing. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie 03:24.