Scalloped Potatoes with Cheese
"AS A CHILD, I thought the crisp cheese-and-crumb topping on these potatoes made them a special treat. I remember how my aunt always saw to it everyone got some of that topping with their individua...
Directions In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened....
- Yield: 6 servings
- Cooking time: 75 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Related recipes like Scalloped Potatoes with Cheese
"Add the grated peel from half an orange to the dressing if you want a more intense orange flavor in...
This bright and tangy salad is sweet and savory, and just delicious. Bodacious Broccoli Salad. A kicking, creamy 5 star broccoli salad with bacon and cheese.