Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Gravy
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Gravy recipe from Emeril Lagasse
Directions Season the pork chops with the Essence. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chops and cook until brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to...
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 4 thick pork chops, 6 to 8-ounces each
- 2 teaspoons Essence, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, baked, peeled, and mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons pure cane syrup, such as Steen's 100 percent Pure Cane Syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Related recipes like Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Gravy
We really liked these! They aren't too sweet, but they do kill the sweet tooth. I would eat these fo...
"I made this as a side dish with some grilled basil chicken and spicy Italian chicken sausages; it w...
This crisp and colorful salad is spicy with Thai chile and jalapeno peppers. ... cucumber, sweet yellow and orange peppers, radishes, Thai chile peppers, ... Salad Ole. g'Oatmeal Recipe Oats, bananas, peanut butter, seeds, and nuts .... I added one grated carrot, some orange juice and extra lemon juice to the " dressing.
This was exactly what I was looking for. No one in my family likes the store bought icings which ar...
This was exactly what I was looking for. No one in my family likes the store bought icings which are way too sweet, and I never had any luck with just using ...
I created this recipe one day when I was scrambling to find ingredients for dinner. My husband absol...
I created this recipe one day when I was scrambling to find ingredients for dinner. My husband absolutely loved it. Now it's the only way I make pork!—Cyndi ...