Crunchy pesto & mozzarella baked mushrooms
Italian green basil sauce makes a good base for this stuffed, vegetarian dish with creamy mascarpone and light rocket salad
Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk the remaining oil with the lemon juice and some seasoning. Dress the rocket leaves and tomatoes just before serving with the stuffed mushrooms and garlic...
- Yield: Serves 2
- Cooking time: 40 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 2 tbsp olive oil Olive oil ol-iv oylProbably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's… , plus extra for greasing
- 1 onion Onion un-yunOnions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia… , chopped
- 4 large Portobello mushroom Mushroom mush-roomThe mushroom is a fungus which comes in a wide range of varieties that belong to two distinct… , stalks finely chopped
- 100g light mascarpone
- zest and juice ½ lemon Lemon le-monOval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 4 tbsp basil pesto Pesto Pess-tohPesto is a generic Italian name for any sauce made by pounding ingredients together.The…
- 125g ball light mozzarella, chopped
- 25g dried breadcrumb
- large handful rocket Rocket roh-ketRocket is a very 'English' leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times. It… leaves
- 100g cherry tomato, halved
- garlic bread, to serve (optional)
Related recipes like Crunchy pesto & mozzarella baked mushrooms
Delicious crunchy coleslaw made with ramen noodles, slivered almonds, and sunflower seeds is a tasty...
Delicious crunchy coleslaw made with ramen noodles, slivered almonds, ... Sweet and Crunchy Salad Recipe The dressing is sweet and the salad is crunchy ...