Cream of Mussel Soup
"Every New England cook has a personal version of mussel soup, depending on the favored regional herbs and cooking customs. Feel free to start with my recipe, and develop your own luscious...
Directions Tap mussels; discard any that do not close. Set aside. In a stockpot, combine the onions, celery, water, wine or broth, clam juice, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil....
- Yield: 5 servings
- Cooking time: 10 Min
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 3 pounds fresh mussels (about 5 dozen), scrubbed and beards removed
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
Related recipes like Cream of Mussel Soup
This sweet, creamy soup is power-packed with nutrients: beta-carotene from the sweet potatoes; calci...
This sweet, creamy soup is power packed with nutrients: beta carotene from the sweet potatoes; calcium minerals, and fiber from the kale. It is strengthening for ...
Get Caldo Verde de Robalo (Green Soup with Sea Bass) Recipe from Food Network...
Transfer the fish filets to soup bowl and divide the stock among them. Serve immediately.;. Recipe Courtesy of Zarela Martinez, owner Zarela’s ...