No more upper-body workout: You don't have to keep stirring this classic Italian rice dish.
Adjust oven rack to middle position, and heat oven to 450 degrees. Heat oil or butter in a heavy-bottom Dutch oven or large ovenproof saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and prosciutto...
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 small onion, cut into small dice
- 2 ounces prosciutto or 4 ounces ham, cut into small dice
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen regular (not petite) green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch Salt and ground black pepper