Chef John's Chicken Riggies
This regional dish from Central New York is a rich pasta sauce made with Italian sausage, chopped chicken, peppers, olives, tomatoes, and cream.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir sausage, mushrooms, onions, salt, and black pepper in hot oil until vegetables are softened and sausage is browned, 6 to 7...
- Yield: 4
- Cooking time: 1 Hour 15 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces hot Italian ground sausage meat
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole Italian plum tomatoes (such as San Marzano), crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped hot and sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano cheese
Related recipes like Chef John's Chicken Riggies
An aromatic, garlicky sauce of Balsamic vinegar and mushrooms graces this chicken dish....
Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken breasts in the flour ... Anniversary Chicken I Recipe This piquant, creamy chicken is a surprising ...
Chicken pot pie and buttermilk fried chicken come together in this outrageously rich and delicious c...
Chicken pot pie and buttermilk fried chicken come together in this ... Casserole. 10 made it | 4 reviews | 2 photos .... Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole Recipe Shredded chicken is baked with a creamy poppy seed sauce ... Melanie's Chicken Biscuits Casserole Recipe Chicken in sour cream sauce is baked beneath a crust ...