Corn and Avocado Salsa
Avocados and fresh corn from the cob cohabitate with red pepper flakes, red wine, spices, herbs, and vinegar in this sassy salsa. Try it as a side dish with grilled chicken, or eat it plain with tortilla chips.
Place the corn in a large pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook until kernels are tender but crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain, and cool in cold water. Use a knife to scrape...
- Yield: 4
- Cooking time: 5 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
Related recipes like Corn and Avocado Salsa
This corn flake-crusted halibut is quick and easy and flavored with a hint of dill and cayenne....
Combine crushed corn flakes, dill, cayenne pepper, salt, and ground black pepper in ... Chef John's Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon Recipe Lots of lemon juice, ...
"I love a good Nicoise salad, and the potatoes, green beans, olives, tomatoes, and chopped egg are p...
Chef John gives a Northern California twist to his Nicoise salad by adding avocado to the vinaigrette perfect with the tuna, olives, green beans, and potatoes.