Roasted Chicken with Sausage Stuffing
This roasted chicken not only has a down-home country flavor. It's attractive as well. Friends and family are always impressed when I put this on the table.
Directions In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, celery and red pepper in butter until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender; do not drain. Place croutons in a large...
- Yield: 6 servings
- Cooking time: 150 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups unseasoned stuffing croutons
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
Related recipes like Roasted Chicken with Sausage Stuffing
Looking for a hearty chicken dinner using Progresso® broth? Then check out this flavorful scaloppin...
Southwestern Chicken Scaloppine. (40). 24 reviews .... Serve with cornbread or corn muffins, steamed green beans or broccoli, and fresh fruit for a scrumptious dinner. Instead of chicken, use ... I serve it with green salad and a side of noodles .