Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup Recipe Allrecipes.com
My version of an old favorite Ashkenazi Jewish recipe. I make a stock first, then make the soup. This allows for de-fatting for a healthier soup, but you need to make this on two days, so time...
Combine the beef shanks and water in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a very low simmer. Use a strainer to skim off any foam on the surface. Add the carrot pieces,...
- Yield: 12
- Cooking time: 5 Hour 30 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: M.allrecipes.com
- For the stock:
- 4 pounds bone-in beef shank
- 12 cups water
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 onions, peeled
- 4 stalks celery with leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 peppercorns
- For the soup:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 head Savoy cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Related recipes like Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup Recipe Allrecipes.com
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova recipe from Nigella Lawson...
Nov 2, 2013 Get this all star, easy to follow Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova recipe from ... in the sugar a spoonful at a time until the meringue is stiff and shiny.
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Tequila and Lime Pork Spareribs recipe from Emeril Lagasse...
Get this all star, easy to follow Tequila and Lime Pork Spareribs recipe from Emeril ... Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse ... Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms. (03: 30) ...