A hearty and different chili with bratwurst, sauerkraut, and German beer, plus the typical chili beans, peppers, and spices, brings a German twist to this Oktoberfest favorite.
Place the bratwurst into a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings over medium heat; cook and stir the bratwurst until the pieces are browned and no longer pink inside, about 15...
- Yield: 14
- Cooking time: 5 Hour 20 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, divided
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans tomato juice
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle German-style beer
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 1/2 ounces milk chocolate candy
Related recipes like Oktoberfest Chili
Get Pringle-Coated Sea Bass on Day-Old Wonder Bread Tuscan Salad Recipe from Food Network...
Two types of chile pepper combine with pineapple to form the spicy-sweet sauce that tops this tender...
For rub, in a small bowl combine chili powder, sugar, salt, black pepper, and ground chipotle pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers.