Makeover Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese
Decreasing the butter and replacing the half-and-half with milk helped cut a whopping 658 calories and more than half the fat from this casserole. Even though the cholesterol was reduced by...
Directions Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, celery and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables...
- Yield: 12 servings
- Cooking time: 30 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope sloppy joe mix
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Related recipes like Makeover Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese
Get Pizzettes with Caramelized Onions, Goat Cheese, and Prosciutto Recipe from Food Network...
Get Pizzettes with Caramelized Onions, Goat Cheese, and Prosciutto Recipe from Food ... 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup) ... Hummus Dip.
Simple and delicious, this cream-cheese-based dip calls for a bit of milk for a smoother consistency...
Simple and delicious, this cream cheese based dip calls for a bit of milk for a smoother consistency. The longer it's refrigerated, the stronger the green onion ...