Beef & Barley Soup
With a medley of barley, beef and vegetables, this thick, stew-like soup is brimming with flavor and texture. Every spoonful will warm you from head to toe on cold winter evenings.—Rachel...
Directions In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Brown beef in drippings. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute the...
- Yield: 8 servings
- Cooking time: 120 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 8 cups beef broth, divided
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 4 fresh thyme sprigs, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Related recipes like Beef & Barley Soup
Tropical papaya pairs well with beef, prawns or pork in Asian salads. The sweet dressing and crispy ...
Tropical papaya pairs well with beef, prawns or pork in Asian salads. ... peeled, deseeded and sliced; 1 small pack coriander, leaves picked; 1 small pack mint ...