Red cabbage with mulled Port & pears
This braised cabbage side is a super healthy and versatile dish with a rich, deep-red colour enhanced by the addition of the Port
Put all the ingredients except the pears in a large pan and cover with a tight- fitting lid. Cook on a low heat for 1 hr, then stir through the pears. Cover and cook for 1 hr more until the...
- Yield: Serves 8
- Cooking time: 2 Hour
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 1 large red cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion Onion un-yunOnions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia… , sliced
- 200ml port
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- pinch ground cloves Clove klo-veThe dry, unopened flower bud of the tropical myrtle tree family used to flavour a wide variety…
- 2 star anise Star anise star an-eeseStar anise is one of the central spices in Chinese cooking. It has a strong anise flavour, with…
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 pear Pear pairLike apples, to which they are related, pears come in thousands of varieties, of which only a… , diced
Related recipes like Red cabbage with mulled Port & pears
I practically grew up in my Polish grandmother's kitchen, watching Babci cook and listening to her s...
I made her cabbage roll recipe healthier with whole grains and turkey, but kept the same rich flavors I remember. ... Sweet 'n' Tender Cabbage Rolls >.