Swedish Fruit Soup
Our children expect me to make this sweet soup for the holidays. It's a delicious dessert served with pound cake and whipped cream...or offer it as a fruit compote for brunch.
Directions In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; let stand for 10 minutes. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 15 minutes or until thickened...
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Cooking time: 20 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 4 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice or grenadine syrup, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Related recipes like Swedish Fruit Soup
A steamed basin sponge hits the spot every time and uses up half-full jars of marmalade, syrup or ja...
Would probably add a handful of dried fruit or glace cherries next time. Perhaps also make it a golden syrup topping too. Do try it will easily serve 6 greedy folk!
Canadian-style yellow split pea soup is a gift to your leftover ham bone, and to you on a cold day....
Canadian style yellow split pea soup is a gift to your leftover ham bone, and to you on a cold day. ... "Creamy yellow pea soup studded with bits of ham, carrots, celery, and thyme. There is nothing like ..... Excellent old fashioned recipe! I left the ...
This potato, leek, and carrot soup flavored with fresh ginger and ground turmeric makes a comforting...
Add ginger and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in leeks ... Carrot, Potato, and Cabbage Soup Recipe This hearty soup with onion, carrot ...