A cheesy roux sauce elevates this stuffed pepper dish made with ground turkey and panko bread crumbs.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 1-quart baking dish. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook peppers in boiling water until slightly tender, about 3 minutes;...
- Yield: 4
- Cooking time: 35 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 large red bell peppers, tops and seeds removed and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon half-and-half, or to taste
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
Related recipes like Turkey
"A light summer fare pairing ahi tuna with fresh avocado on a bed of crispy fried wonton chips with ...
Leftover Turkey Thanksgiving Nachos. Give thanks for turkey nachos! Chef John's Hawaiian Style Ahi Pole. The freshest, sushi grade tuna (even if it's frozen ) is ...