Chef John's Pita Bread
Mix up a simple dough, let it rise, and experience the true taste of homemade pita breads from your own kitchen.
Place yeast into the work bowl of a stand mixer and add 1 cup warm water and 1 cup flour. Whisk together and let stand 15 to 20 minutes for mixture to rise and make a loose sponge. Mixture...
- Yield: 8
- Cooking time: 10 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (90 to 100 degrees F/32 to 38 degrees C)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
Related recipes like Chef John's Pita Bread
Get The Rosedale Diner's Sticky Asian Pork Ribs Recipe from Food Network...
1/4 cup tamarind syrup ... 1 tablespoon maple syrup; 1/4 tablespoon tahini ... tamarind syrup, vinegar, oil, molasses, Sriracha, maple syrup, tahini, pepper, ... You don't have to be Irish to fill your house with the scent of fresh baked soda bread.