My mom made these when I was a little girl. We would love to help her and of course eat them afterward. Dust with powdered sugar, granulated sugar or cinnamon. Delicious!
Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a large bowl, beat together white sugar, butter, eggs and applesauce. In a separate bowl, stir together flour baking powder, salt,...
- Yield: 24
- Cooking time: 20 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 quarts oil for deep frying
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
Related recipes like Applesauce Doughnuts
"This inspired recipe calls for applesauce and fat-free sweetened condensed milk to keep the fat and...
Reduced Fat Black Forest Chocolate Cake. 1 made it | 1 reviews. Recipe by: EAGLE BRAND®. "This inspired recipe calls for applesauce and fat free sweetened ...