Whole Grain Chow Mein
My kids are picky eaters, but teriyaki and hoisin sauces work wonders with them. They love the meatballs, and I swap the noodles for whole-grain pasta. —Kelly Shippey, Orange, California
Directions Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, bok choy and carrots; stir-fry 4 minutes. Stir in...
- Yield: 6 servings
- Cooking time: 15 Min
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup fresh baby carrots, halved diagonally
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced
- 12 ounces refrigerated fully cooked teriyaki and pineapple chicken meatballs or frozen fully cooked turkey meatballs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Additional sliced green onions
Related recipes like Whole Grain Chow Mein
This is an unusual and tasty high-protein grain salad. Quinoa is a grain that has almost no flavor, ...
Quinoa is a grain that has almost no flavor, but the spices add zest. ... Stir in the green onions, celery, raisins, cayenne pepper, vegetable oil, vinegar, lemon ...