Crab 'n' Shrimp Gumbo
I found this recipe in a magazine over 30 years ago. I change it from time to time to suit our tastes.—La Vonne Vrooman, Dothan, Alabama
Directions In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In same skillet, saute onions...
- Yield: 16-20 servings
- Cooking time: 85 Min
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (one 29 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 4 medium leeks, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen sliced okra
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound fresh or frozen crabmeat, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
Related recipes like Crab 'n' Shrimp Gumbo
Get Gran Fritto di Pesce (Mixed Fry of Fish) Recipe from Food Network...
Get Gran Fritto di Pesce (Mixed Fry of Fish) Recipe from Food Network. ... scallops, half the whitebait, half the rock shrimp, 6 oysters, 2 sole and 2 blow fish tails.
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Vol au Vent Fruits de Mer recipe from The Galloping Gourmet...
1 1/4 cups button mushrooms. Nutmeg. Juice 1/4 lemon. 6 jumbo shrimp ... Allow to cool and then remove mussels from shells. Prepare fish stock by simmering ...
This is a very easy shrimp etouffe recipe that utilizes your microwave! I usually add four dashes of...
This is a very easy shrimp etouffe recipe that utilizes your microwave! I usually add four dashes of hot pepper sauce to the dish, but bring the hot stuff to the table ...