Barley and Mixed Mushroom Casserole
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Barley and Mixed Mushroom Casserole recipe from Chef Du Jour
Directions Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions, carrot, celery, mushrooms, barley, thyme, salt and pepper and saute, stirring...
- Yield: 4 main course servings
- Cooking time: 1 Hour 30 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 1 carrot, very finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound (4 1/2 cups) thinly sliced mushrooms (such as shiitake, button, baby
- portobellos, and oyster)
- 1 1/2 cups pearl barley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Generous seasoning freshly ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups boiling vegetable stock
Related recipes like Barley and Mixed Mushroom Casserole
This is so easy and fast, like tuna casserole without baking it! Top with French-fried onions, if de...
This is so easy and fast, like tuna casserole without baking it! ... Chicken and Pasta Casserole ... See how to make quick, easy, elegant seared tuna steaks.