Mixed Rice and Barley Bake
The mellow flavor of the wholesome grains in this nutritious casserole is enhanced by garlic, onion and thyme. "The hearty easy-to-prepare side dish goes great with meat, fish or poultry,"...
Directions Rinse wild rice with hot water; drain. Combine the wild rice, brown rice and barley. In a saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Add rice mixture; saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the onion,...
- Yield: 7 servings
- Cooking time: 75 Min
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1/3 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Related recipes like Mixed Rice and Barley Bake
Cauliflower rice is piled with black beans, zucchini, kale, avocado, and soft-boiled eggs in this bo...
Cauliflower rice is piled with black beans, zucchini, kale, avocado, and soft boiled eggs in this bowl with Mexican and Californian flavors.