Italian Meat Sauce with Meatballs
This chunky, meaty sauce has a bit of heat from the sausage and red pepper. It's delicious served over pasta.—Jane McMillan, Dania Beach
Directions In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the meatballs, tomato sauce,...
- Yield: 8 servings
- Cooking time: 255 Min
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed and halved
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
Related recipes like Italian Meat Sauce with Meatballs
... 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt; 3 tablespoons honey; 1 pound nectarines,* ... Using a spoon, drop dough in 12 mounds onto the prepared baking sheet, ... Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl whisk together yogurt and honey. Top warm shortcakes with sliced nectarines; spoon sauce over all. ... Recipe Collections.
Pork tenderloin medallions with Alfredo sauce make an easy but tasty meal and it's ready in less tha...
Pork tenderloin medallions with Alfredo sauce make an easy but tasty meal and it's ready in less than half an hour! Serve over freshly boiled red potatoes for a ...
My grandma absolutely loves Italian food, so I decided to make a twist on classic sloppy joe sandwic...
My grandma absolutely loves Italian food, so I decided to make a twist on classic sloppy joe sandwiches just for her. The mozzarella, tomato sauce and red ...