This crusty bread gets its complex flavors and chewy interior from a long, slow fermentation--just like you'd get from an artisan bakery.
Combine the flour, yeast, and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the water and herbs, if using, and mix well. The dough will be very sticky and shaggy-looking. Cover the bowl with...
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 2/3 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage (optional)