Turkey With Rye Dressing
My husband created the recipe for this tempting turkey and delectable dressing. It's a feast that seems like Thanksgiving whenever we enjoy it. He gets lots of recipe requests for this memorable...
Directions Toss bread cubes in a large bowl. In a skillet, saute the onion, apples, celery and garlic in butter until apples and vegetables are tender; add to bread. Add the nuts, seasonings...
- Yield: 10-12 servings
- Cooking time: 270 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1 pound day-old light rye bread, cubed
- 1/2 pound day-old dark rye bread, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped salted mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 turkey (12 to 14 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Related recipes like Turkey With Rye Dressing
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Smoked Sardine Caesar with Salumi and Pan-Croutons recipe from Amy...
Pineapple and teriyaki transform these turkey burgers from ordinary to delicious!...
Pineapple and teriyaki transform these turkey burgers from ordinary to delicious! ... Teriyaki Meatball Appetizers Recipe Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce ...
A turkey breast is roasted with a flavorful combination of butter and seasonings and served with hom...
A turkey breast is roasted with a flavorful combination of butter and seasonings and served with homemade pan gravy. ... Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with shallot and whisk in white wine, scraping any browned bits of food from skillet.