Candy Cane Coffee Cakes
I make my festive-looking coffee cakes at Christmas and for breakfast company. My husband doesn't usually care for apricots, but he loves these. —Kelley Winship, West Rutland, Vermont
Directions In a saucepan, heat sour cream until lukewarm. Set aside. Dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, add sour cream, softened butter, sugar, salt, eggs and 2 cups flour. With...
- Yield: 30-36 servings
- Cooking time: 15 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 5-1/4 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) finely chopped dried apricots
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
Related recipes like Candy Cane Coffee Cakes
This recipe makes the bottom layer of our three tier wedding cake or a simple delicious chocolate ca...
hi there thank mary, perhaps it happens with chocolate of different cocoa solids but i added the coffee and vanilla into the cake mix ... marymoore19th Jul, 2009.
"Crab meat and crushed crackers mix with mayonnaise, eggs, and seafood seasoning to make a large bat...
Crab meat and crushed crackers mix with mayonnaise, eggs, and seafood seasoning to make a large batch of homemade crab cakes in just a few minutes in ...