Turkey Chili with Penne
This turkey chili easily turns into a vegetarian dish by leaving out the meat or replacing it with soy crumbles. A topping of goat cheese makes this full-flavored chili stand out from others....
Directions In a Dutch oven, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the celery, carrots, onion, pepper and wine; cook until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes,...
- Yield: 12 servings
- Cooking time: 60 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1-1/2 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup marsala wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (one 15 ounces, one 8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, cut into 12 slices
Related recipes like Turkey Chili with Penne
Get Tex-Mex Turkey Chili with Black Beans, Corn and Butternut Squash Recipe from Food Network...
Get Tex Mex Turkey Chili with Black Beans, Corn and Butternut Squash Recipe from Food Network. ... Butternut squash adds a twist of sweetness to this chili.
A turkey breast is roasted with a flavorful combination of butter and seasonings and served with hom...
A turkey breast is roasted with a flavorful combination of butter and seasonings and served with homemade pan gravy. ... Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with shallot and whisk in white wine, scraping any browned bits of food from skillet.
Pureed black beans and tomatoes are combined with vegetable broth to make a nice thick base for this...
Prep. 15 m. Cook. 30 m. Ready In. 45 m. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Saute onion, celery, carrots and garlic for 5 minutes. Season with chili ...