Dan's Slow Cooker Ham and White Bean Soup
This hearty soup is thick with great Northern and black beans, mushrooms, artichoke, baby corn, and potatoes. White and black pepper and a bit of Creole seasoning gives this meal-in-a-pot a fiery bite.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir diced ham in hot skillet until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer ham to a slow cooker. Place black beans, great Northern beans, artichoke...
- Yield: 12
- Cooking time: 7 Hour
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 pound ham, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (14.25 ounce) can baby corn, drained and cut into pieces
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- water to cover
Related recipes like Dan's Slow Cooker Ham and White Bean Soup
"The Pisco sour originated in Peru and uses Pisco--a grape brandy produced in Peru and Chile. Combin...
The Pisco sour originated in Peru and uses Pisco a grape brandy produced in Peru and Chile. Combined with lime juice, simple syrup, and an egg white, it's a ...
"Beer adds a depth of flavor to this soup that can't be beat! Using beef and chicken broth enhances ...
Pale ale adds great depth of flavor to this classy French onion soup topped with ... French Onion Soup XI Recipe The secret ingredients in this onion soup are ...