Bean & Barley Salad
"This hearty salad lasts for days in the fridge - perfect for leftovers. We like to spoon it onto pita chips. It's wonderful!" Janelle Lee, Appleton, WI
Directions Prepare barley according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the beans, corn, red pepper, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients....
- Yield: 12 servings
- Cooking time: 15 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Related recipes like Bean & Barley Salad
Get Fresh Poached Pear, Toasted Pecan and Bleu Cheese Salad with Pear Vinaigrette Recipe from Food N...
This salad goes all-in with the mushroom flavor, while salty pecorino and crunchy celery provide bal...
This salad goes all in with the mushroom flavor, while salty pecorino and crunchy celery provide ... Celery Root Watercress Salad with Creamy Dijon Dressing.
Take a break from piping-hot pizza this summer and try our cooling combination of watermelon topped ...
... pizza this summer and try our cooling combination of watermelon topped with sweetened sour cream, fresh fruit and torn mint. ... Think of this as a new format for fruit salad. ... How to Make a Watermelon Fruit Basket Cake 10 Photos ...