Slow-Cooker Vegetable Soup with Barley
Save time slicing and dicing by using a combo of fresh and prepared frozen veggies in this wholesome soup with plenty of nutty pearl barley.
3 About 10 minutes before serving, stir tomatoes into soup. Cover; cook on Low setting 10 minutes longer or until tomatoes are thoroughly heated. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Yield: 10
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Pillsbury.com
- 1 cup uncooked regular pearl barley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, halved crosswise
- 1 cup sliced celery (2 medium stalks)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (1/2 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large dark-orange sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant™ Niblets® frozen corn (from 1-lb bag)
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant™ frozen cut green beans (from 1-lb bag)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 oz each) vegetable broth
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
Related recipes like Slow-Cooker Vegetable Soup with Barley
Jane Roush took a fresh look at an old-fashioned vegetable from her garden, kohlrabi, and came up wi...
... an old fashioned vegetable from her garden, kohlrabi, and came up with this crunchy slaw. ... 2 tablespoons salad oil ... Fish Tacos with Sesame Ginger Slaw.