Christmas Tree Bread
I make this bread for every Christmas. It looks so beautiful and often receive compliments on it. You can also make this into a wreath or two smaller trees.—Shirley Pewtress, Kayesville, Utah
Directions Dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside. In large bowl, combine sugar, butter, milk, salt and mace; mix well. Add eggs and yeast; mix well. Add 4 cups flour; beat well. Stir in vanilla...
- Yield: 24 servings
- Cooking time: 20 Min
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- BASIC SWEET DOUGH:
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mace
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 to 8-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- PECAN CREAM FILLING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green candied cherries
Related recipes like Christmas Tree Bread
Marble cake is a classic childhood cooking memory. Whether using lurid colours for a psychedelic fin...
Marble cake is a classic childhood cooking memory. Whether using lurid colours for a psychedelic finish, or just chocolate and vanilla, it's a teatime treat. ... I used this recipe in the Nordicware holiday tree bundt pan (the one used in nigellas ...
With just enough black pepper to make it spicy and herbs and duck fat to add richness, this bread is...
With just enough black pepper to make it spicy and herbs and duck fat to add richness, this bread is the epitome of savory and delicious....