Scalloped Potatoes Etc.
The "Etc." in this family-heirloom recipe stands for all the homegrown vegetables my mother, now 90, once hand-diced before baking the casserole in her old reliable cookstove. My food processor...
Directions For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk; cook until thickened. Set aside....
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Cooking time: 70 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups peeled potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 cup carrots, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 package (4 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Related recipes like Scalloped Potatoes Etc.
With just five ingredients, this is a great little pud to have up your sleeve when you’re in a hur...
Lamb steaks with rosemary sweet potatoes. 4.209185. (49 ratings). Lamb steaks with rosemary sweet potatoes. Spiced trout with sweet potato chips. 4. (4 ratings).