Grilled Cheese Supreme
Buttery rye holds a bevy of veggies, cheese and avocado in these full-flavored sandwiches. I've also prepared them on my outdoor grill.—Billie Moss, Walnut Creek, California
Directions Spread each of six bread slices with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise. Layer with a cheese slice, tomatoes, mushrooms, another cheese slice, onion, 2 avocado wedges and remaining cheese slice....
- Yield: 6 servings
- Cooking time: 5 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 12 slices hearty rye bread
- 12 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 18 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 thin slices sweet onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 12 wedges
- 12 teaspoons butter, softened
Related recipes like Grilled Cheese Supreme
"An Italian favorite, best with a nice red wine and Frank Sinatra playing in the background."...
Spinach Tomato Tortellini. Try this dinner featuring cheese tortellini in a creamy spinach and tomato sauce! ... Chef John's Torta di Riso. See how to make a ...