New Orleans-Style Subs
This hearty muffuletta-style sandwich contains loads of meat and cheese. The chopped olive spread makes it a New Orleans classic. —Shannon Lee Denney, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Directions Place giardiniera and olives in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Set aside. Cut bread in half lengthwise; carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaves,...
- Yield: 12 servings
- Cooking time: 5 Min
- Rating: 3/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1-1/3 cups giardiniera
- 2/3 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 2/3 cup pitted ripe olives
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) unsliced French bread
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound sliced reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 pound sliced reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
Related recipes like New Orleans-Style Subs
A fresh and light salad that makes a great accompaniment to an Indian-style buffet, perfect for New ...
A fresh and light salad that makes a great accompaniment to an Indian style buffet. ... 2 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger; 1 garlic clove, crushed; 1 tsp Dijon ... thinly slice the stalks, add the orange, lamb's lettuce and watercress. .... Japanese salad with ginger soy dressing. 5 ... Roast salmon with spiced coconut crumbs.