Grandma's Zwieback Rolls
When Mother baked zweiback rolls—which means "twice baked"—she'd guard them, lest they disappear quickly! She would bake them on Sundays when friends came by for "fsapa" a meal of cold...
Directions Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; set aside. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, salt, shortening, milk and yeast mixture. Beat well. Add enough of the remaining flour to form...
- Yield: 24 servings
- Cooking time: 30 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups scalded milk, cooked
Related recipes like Grandma's Zwieback Rolls
Get Ming Tsai's Crab Cha Gio with Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce and Crab Noodle Salad (the Easier Dish) ...