Only one medium beet is used in this recipe for a meatless vegetable and cabbage soup which will serve a large group.
Place water, salt, carrots, 1/2 of the bell pepper, celery, beet, tomatoes, and quartered potatoes in a large stock pot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Melt 1/3 cup butter in a separate skillet...
- Yield: 8
- Cooking time: 1 Hour
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper, divided
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium beet
- 1/2 cup canned peeled and diced tomatoes
- 3 potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup diced potatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Related recipes like Borscht I
Brothy and brimming with beets, parsnips, turnip, celery root, and slices of kielbasa, this earthy b...
... blanc has enough intensity of taste to stand up to the borscht, and the subtly herbal nature of its ... Green Beans and Potatoes in Chunky Tomato SauceRecipe ...