'Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face, Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!' Here's a tasty vegetarian version of The Robbie Burns Night sausage, passed on to me by some friends from Cape Breton.
Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and saute the onion 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in carrot and mushrooms, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Stir in broth, lentils, kidney...
- Yield: 10
- Cooking time: 1 Hour
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 5 fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup dry red lentils
- 2 tablespoons canned kidney beans - drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 3 tablespoons ground peanuts
- 2 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/3 cups steel cut oats
Related recipes like Vegetarian Haggis
This homemade ravioli is actually vegetarian, but no one who tries it can tell! The savory filling c...
This exotic dish is easy to make, and blends the exciting flavors of ginger and chile paste with fre...
"My vegetarian daughter in law gave me this recipe for a creamy coconut milk, spicy curry, and ginger tofu dish! .... Vegetarian Chickpea Curry with Turnip.
Pea beans, chorizo, cabbage, kale and potatoes are slowly cooked together in this traditional soup....
Pea beans, chorizo, cabbage, kale and potatoes are slowly cooked together in ... Vegetarian Kale Soup Recipe and Video Hearty vegetarian soup with kale, ...
Compliments came rolling in about this almost as soon as the magazine went on sale. Try it and let u...
thickly sliced; 4 skinless chicken breast; 4 tbsp balti curry paste; 200g quinoa .... i just made it added a bit of chilli and garlic and another tin of tomatoes, very ,very good many ... Excellent, really easy, tasty and very filling eaten with naan bread. I am vegetarian so I used quorn pieces instead of chicken and it was delicious.