Italian Pepper Balls
These keep well and also freeze well. Rum or whisky works well in place of the brandy.
Melt shortening and cool. Add in white sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, black pepper, ground cloves, allspice and ground cinnamon. Stir in flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Stir in milk,...
- Yield: 75
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 fluid ounce brandy
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 fluid ounces brandy
Related recipes like Italian Pepper Balls
Get Sizzled Mussels with Garlic and Parsley a la Vaudeville Recipe from Food Network...
Get Robin Miller's Baked Chicken With Green Spinach-Horseradish Sauce Recipe from Food Network...
Coat a large saute pan or large stovetop grill pan with cooking spray. Season both sides of chicken with salt and black pepper. Place chicken on prepared pan ...